The Collective Boutique is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. We collect personal information about you in order to provide you with a personalised experience on our site. This also allows us to alert you to administrational, product or service changes.
The Collective Boutique may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was updated on 25th May 2018 in accordance with the new GDPR regulations.
What we collect
We may collect the following information that you provide to us when you carry out any of the following:
- Make an enquiry, provide feedback or contact us by email or via our website.
- Order products from our website.
- Create an account to use the website.
- Update your account including your address book.
- Subscribe to our Newsletter and mailing list.
- Register at one of our Pop Up Shops
- Interact with us on social media, for example ‘follow’ or ‘like’ a post on one of our accounts including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.
What we do with the information
We use the information we have about you to try to ensure that content is as relevant to you as possible. Under the Data Protection Legislation, this might qualify as profiling. If you do not wish us to use your data for this purpose, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the reasons outlined below:
- To register your account
- To enable you to place orders and facilitate transactions with us
- To provide you with access to our website, with personalised content relevant to you.
- To provide optimal customer and user support and share your information with certain providers, including our Website Developer, IT Support Provider, Payment Service Providers.
- To keep in touch with you about our news, Pop Up Shops, new products, website features or any services that we believe may be of interest to you – provided that you have given us permission to do so.
- To interact with users on social media platforms including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest
- To use data analytics to improve our website products and experiences.
- To protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent or illegal activity.
- To enable us to comply with our policies and procedures and enforce our legal rights.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes about general engagement on our website. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests and to solely improve the service we offer you.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. You can also keep your information safe by:
- Choosing a strong account password and keeping it confidential
- Changing your password regularly
- Using different passwords for different online accounts
- Ensuring you log out of our website each time you use it, especially if you are using a shared computer.
- Keeping your devices protected by using the latest version of your operating system and being vigilant to any suspicious or fraudulent emails that may appear to be from us. Our emails will always be sent from an email address containing ‘@collectiveboutique.co.uk
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual so that you get the most out of your online experience. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. If you do not wish for cookies to be installed on your device, you can modify your settings on your browser or device to decline cookies. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Managing your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We will retain your information for as long as it is necessary to provide you with the services that you have requested from us or for as long as we reasonably require to retain the information for lawful business purposes. We operate a data retention policy and look to find ways to reduce the amount of information we hold about you and the length of time we need to keep it.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to The Collective Boutique Ltd, c/o Parkers Accountants,
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, it is important that you keep us informed soon as possible by writing to us or emailing us directly. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.